Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chapter 2: Respect, Liking, Trust, and Fairness

Something that surprised me in this chapter were the comments about respect. Students seemed to really stress that teachers needed to respect themselves and their students before they would respect their teachers.

This surprised me mostly because it seems so obvious. I have always been taught that if you want to be respected it is necessary to respect yourself and the people around you. I would assume that more teachers would understand that. The fact that students felt it needed to be said suggests that there are a lot of teachers out there who don't respect themselves or their students.

1 comment:

  1. Great QR. 4/4. And this observations reminds us that we can never assume anything. I always say that common sense is an oxymoron . . . there's nothing common about it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete