Monday, March 16, 2009

Chapter 4: Creating a Culture of Success

The students talk about being embarrassed when they do badly. That wasn't surprising to me at all. What did surprise me though, was that a few students said that they liked being praised in front of the class.

That some students like being praised in front of the class surprised me because I hated that in school. I had one teacher who would ask if you wanted to see or hear your test grade after he had graded our tests. If I thought I did well I always asked to see it. I didn't want the other students to know how well I as doing because kids are really mean to you if you are doing well in the class and they aren't. And if they aren't mean then they are begging you to let them cheat. I would have imagined that other students would feel the same way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment